Saturday, November 3, 2012

How to Translate Android Apps Into Your Language v2

KHandroid
Android App Khmer Translation Guide 2.0
Desclaimer:
I'm writing this to support Khmer Language, as more people know how to translate apk into their language. We will have more and more app in our language faster. And I also have time to do some other important stuffs too :D hehehe
 Instruction:
  1. Download APK Multi-Tool - Download - Make sure to download the frameworks zip too.
  2. Copy downloaded files to ur prefered location and make sure to unzip it with 7zipDownload
  3. Select both zip file and right click on it, then choose Extract here, you will get APK-Multi-Tool folder and many framework files.


  4. Copy framework-res_api16.apk into APK-Multi-Tools/other folder and rename it to framework-res.apk


  5. Inside APK-Multi-Tool folder run Setup.bat, then type 2 then Enter to setup framework-res file.


  6. Type 1 to install framework-res.apk, it will install the framework and auto close the windows


  7. Reopen Setup.bat and type in 3 to setup all the folder that you will working on.


  8. Everything is done, first thing to do is copy the apk you want to mod into the place-apk-here-for-modding folder
  9. Run Script.bat then Enter, you will be welcome with lots of options to choose.
  10. First stop, always set ur current working project. Type 24 you will see a list of apk u copy earlier
  11. Choose the apk you want to work on according to the number in the list
  12. Type 9 to decompile it :D this will take some times, so sit back and relax, after it is finished move to the next step
  13. Find project folder inside APK-Multi-Tool folder, project folder will contain all the decompiled project
    Ex: Apk-Multi-Tool\project\com.facebook.katana\
  14. Go into your app project folder. then navigate to \res\values\ and find string.xml
  15. Download Notepad++ Download
    1. Install Notepad++ then right click on string.xml then choose "Edit with "Notepad++"
    2. In Notepad++ the text that is highlighted with black color, the text you need to translate.
    3. Just translate all the black text into your language. Take whole day sometimes :D
  16. Alternatively, you can create another values folder for your language too
  17. Ex: for Khmer language create values-km folder, or for Chinese create values-cn and so on according to your language code
    and then copy string.xml from \res\values\ into your new values-xx folder
  18. Begin translate string.xml in your new values-km or values-cn folder etc :D it takes some time so be patience with it
  19. ONE COOL TRICK :D you can translate that string file easier and fast with Google Translator Toolkit.
    Just click upload and choose the string.xml you want it to translate and upload it, unfortunately no Khmer yet :(

    • After finished all strings, go back to Script.bat cmd windows
    1. Choose 11 to compile it back if it is a System apk or choose 12 to compile it if it is normal apk/user apk, this will take double the time of decoding :D wait for it don't worry, if got error look at the log file
    2. After finish encoding make sure to Choose 13 to sign it back :D (for non-System apk only)
    3. And you are done find your final apk in the put-apk-here-for-modding folder with the singed prefix in the start of the file name.

    • all question about this are Welcome through comment here or by email.
    by ចេង សុខតារា (homi3kh)

    18 comments:

    1. My phone galaxy tab 7.7 ics can't downdoal khmer unicode how can i do?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. please read description carefully, that app is for phone not tablet.

        Delete
    2. ខ្ញុំមិនអាចធ្វើបាសោះនៅដំណាក់កាលមួយនេះ Everything is done, first thing to do is copy the apk you want to mod into the place-apk-here-for-modding folder
      Run Script.bat then Enter, you will be welcome with lots of options to choose.
      First stop, always set ur current working project. Type 24 you will see a list of apk u copy earlier
      Choose the apk you want to work on according to the number in the list
      Type 9 to decompile it :D this will take some times, so sit back and relax, after it is finished move to the next step
      Find project folder inside APK-Multi-Tool folder, project folder will contain all the decompiled project
      Ex: Apk-Multi-Tool\project\com.facebook.katana\ ហើយមិនឃើញមាន folder inside APK-Multi-Tool folder ​សោះ! សូមបងជួយបកស្រាយដោយអនុគ្រោះ!​អរគុណ

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. print screen your problem and send to homi3kh@gmail.com, and send me the log file so I can know what happen at your part.

        Delete
      2. ពេលកំពុង decode និងវាលូតចេញ error "An error occure,Please check the log option 23" បន្ទាប់មកញ៉ុម ចុចenter ដើម្បី continuo ...ហើយក្នុង folder Project មានតែ FILE 1.apk ប៉ុណ្ណោះ គ្មានអ្វីទៀតទេ ....តើត្រូវធ្វើយ៉ាងមេច?

        Delete
    3. for me the same like Tongkhai.....ម៉េចក៏មិនឃើញfolderត្រូវបកប្រែចិង?????

      ReplyDelete
    4. ort mean frameworks zip ouy Download jeng ???

      ReplyDelete
    5. Install it and Get the FAST Translating Service! Install it and Best Android Tablet Apps Get the FAST Translation! Does it troubles you to switch to the translate application

      ReplyDelete
    6. Hi,

      can u tell me please, why i have only 2 line in strings.xml?

      i tried more apk and it is still same.

      thanx

      ReplyDelete
    7. I translated and recompile and signed and installed, everything was successful. but I don't see my translations. it shows English only.

      ReplyDelete
    8. Sir.Please help me how to do when "An error occur .Please check option 21." while compiling apk. What should I need to do. Option 21 is compression level. Thanks.

      ReplyDelete
    9. bong (apk) for want to mod នឹងជា អ្វី?​ Example:....

      ReplyDelete
    10. Well I guess the only real contrast in them would be the programming language. Native iOS applications are built in Objective-C while native Android apps are in Java. 
      best iphone applications

      ReplyDelete
    11. Hi, I tried several times adding my new values folders as you described and all works well but when I overwrite the original framework-res.apk in my phone I don't get any change and the language I add doesn't appear in the list. By decompiling my modified apk I realized that the folders I add doesn't remain there after recompiling.
      When I chose 11, it asks me a question where I have to say y or n and if I say y it asks me to delete any xml I have modified from the "keep" folder. Having just added a folder and strings.xml I haven't modified any xml so I keep everything as it is and press enter but then I get no changes from the original apk.
      If I say n to that question then my recompiled apk doesn't work on my phone. What should I do, please?

      ReplyDelete